Are you Behind with your Council Tax?

Being behind on your council tax payments can be a worrying, stressful, and daunting experience, so if you’re struggling to pay your council tax, it’s vital to contact your council as soon as possible. We understand that this can be a stressful and difficult process, which is why we are able to mediate between you and your council to organise affordable and manageable repayment plans.

If you are behind on your council tax payments or a struggling to pay the required amount, it’s important to ensure that you’re on the correct payment plan for you and your family. Since the 1st April this year, Council Tax Benefit has no longer been available; in its place you can apply for Council Tax Reduction. Understanding council tax and whether you’re eligible for a discounted rate can be complicated, but at Council Tax Advisors we are committed to providing you with the simple, clear, and important information you need.

The eligibility for a council tax reduction varies on your circumstances, but if you are the only person in your household responsible for paying council tax you may be eligible. If you live alone, for example, you can be entitled to 25% off your council tax bill. Similarly, if your income is below a certain amount, you may be eligible for a reduction in your council tax. If you live with someone with a disability or you are a carer you may be entitled to a reduced payment plan.

While the amount reduced depends on many factors – such as your household income, if you are responsible for children, and where you live – getting a council tax reduction can be particularly helpful if you are struggling to keep up with your payments.

If you’re struggling to pay your council tax or are dealing with council tax arrears and are confused about the payment reduction plan you are entitled to, contact our experts who are knowledgeable on all aspects of council tax arrears and council tax and so can give you the helpful advice you need. We can advise you on your eligibility for a council tax reduction and, if necessary, mediate between you and your council to negotiate an affordable repayment plan.

As Featured In

You can get free debt advice from Money Helper,
an organisation set up by the government to offer free and impartial advice to those in debt. Just click the link above to find out more.

Council Tax Advisors is a trading name of Ruby Holdings Limited.
Registered in England and Wales, Company Registration Number: 09496123
Registered office: 103 Bradley House, Radcliffe Moor Road, Bolton, Lancashire, BL2 6RT.
Data Protection Number: ZA130896
Financial Conduct Authority Reference Number: 763879
We Are Here For You
If you want to consolidate your debt or are looking for advice with bailiffs, see how we can help.